About Us

Mewar Chamber of Commerce & Industry is the recognized Divisional Chamber of 7 Districts of South Rajasthan – Bhilwara, Chittorgarh, Rajsamand, Udaipur, Dungarpur, Banswara and Pratap Garh. South Rajasthan is the main industrial hub-having large number of Cement, Textiles & Mining industries, Almost entire textile industry of the State is concentrated in this region. We MCCI represent all spectrum of textile industry; it is also well-known as one of the main textile industry organization of the Country. Having a long history of representations in DRUCC, ZRUCC & NRUCC of Railways, it is also well recognized organization in this field.

Though Rajasthan State was economically and industrially backward state, in the initial years after Independence, still Bhilwara District was a hub of mining & industrial activities as it was a major area of mica mining and the first textile mill was established here in the year 1935. A few small-scale industries came up in 1958 with the establishment of an Industrial Estate, which was inaugurated by the first Prime Minister of the Country late Shri Jawahar Lal Nehru. In 1962, the dynamic entrepreneur Shri L. N. Jhunjhunuwala established a new Spinning Mill at Bhilwara.

Still there was no platform to take care and promote the interests of the industrial units. With the initiatives of Shri L. N. Jhunjhunuwala and under his President ship a forum under the name of District Employers Association was established on 28 January 1965 which was later converted as a Chamber on 26 August 1966 and named as Bhilwara Chamber of Commerce & Industry, and it was registered under Rajasthan Non Trading Companies Act. The Rajasthan Chamber of Commerce & Industry duly recognized it. The whole of Mewar Region including Udaipur District was industrially very backward and in order to promote industrial growth, the political and the industrial leadership at that time desired that this Chamber should expand its sphere and it was converted in to the Divisional Chamber of Mewar comprising of Bhilwara, Chittorgarh, Udaipur, Banswara and Dungarpur Districts. It was officially inaugurated as the Divisional Chamber on 11 September 1969 by the Late Chief Minister Shri Mohan lal Sukhadia, and the than President of RCCI Shri Alok Prashad Jain.

In 1980, need for a Building of Chamber of its own was felt and in 1983 UIT Bhilwara allotted a land of 381 Sq. yards in Nagori Garden area. The foundation stone for the Building was laid on 01.09.1989 and the construction of basement and ground floor was completed in 1991. The first floor having committee room, LNJ meeting hall and office was constructed with the financial help of Rs. 11 lacks from Shri L.N. Jhunjhunuwala (Bhilwara Group) and was inaugurated on 24 December 1997 by the President of SAARC Chamber of Commerce & Industry Mr. Kanti Kumar R. Poddar.

Since the initial years, this Chamber has been active to safe-guard the interests of the trading and industrial communities and to promote the industrial environment in the Region and gradually its efforts were recognized and it was given representations in various District and State level committees and other platforms by the Government. A number of Central Ministers, CMs, and State ministers have since participated in the various progammes and activities of the Chamber.

At present Mewar Chamber of Commerce & Industry is affiliated with many International & National apex organization. It is a member of International Chamber of Commerce, Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Indian Council of Arbitration, National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development, Rajasthan Chamber of Commerce & Industry and the Employers Association of Rajasthan. It has representations in various National and State level committees.

In 2002, the Chamber established Mewar Chamber Council of Arbitration for facilitating arbitration work among trade & Industry.